The Filmcalculator is a program for Film professionals. Usefull for DOP’s, focuspullers, clapperloaders, VFX supervisors, still photographers but also location managers, art directors etc.
It is a great tool to be used during prep, shoot and post-production. Its made by crew members and has a 15 year history of being used on PDAs. There are over 32 calculations and info screens possible for three different disciplines:
Film, Digital and Photography.
The interface is made to be quick and simple. No fancy graphics but to the point input and results. No searching on the screen but a clear overview.
The program is actively maintained for all those years and still expanding.
Film stock, Lens, Lamp and Camera database are kept up to date using a central remote server for quick updates without the need to update the program.
Contact us if you miss something and we will try to add it. We even did this once overnight for a focuspuller.
* Depth of field
* Focal length to lens angle
* Lens angle to focal length
* Magnification factor
* Needed diopter
* Needed Split diopter
* Event and screen time to frame rate
* Screen time to frames
* Recommended camera spreed for miniatures
* Distance and object size to focal length
* Focal length and object size to distance
* Distance and focal length to object size
* Matching lens and distance
* Matching lens and format (film//video/photo)
* Time to filmlength
* Shooting time to screen time
* Rollsize to filmlength
* Filmlength to time
* Screentime to frames
* Frames to screentime
* Screentime to shooting time
Lamp and lighting calculations
* HMI flickerfree speeds and shutter angles
* Illumination calculations
* Lamp details tables
* Color correction
* Exposure corrections for speed and shutter angle
* Exposure changes replacing lights
* Sun set/rise and positions
* Sun position mapping
* Filmstock database (user editable)
* Lens Database (over 800 lenses)
* Camera Filesize calculation
* Image data filesize
* Digital sound filesize
And more on the way.......